May Wrap Up
During the month of May, I finished 4 books. 3 of those was during the Bout of Books 13.0 readathon.
1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. The first book I read in May was Twilight. This is the first time I’ve finished this book. I got halfway through it back in 2008 or 2009 and put it down because of some other book. I thought it was pretty good. I’ve seen all the movies and I believe it is time that I read the books. I will be starting New Moon soon. Just need to buy it.
2. Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht. This is written by @dkny (the dkny pr girl) from Twitter. I thought this was a good book on learning about her experiences and giving advice on how to find your dream job.
3. #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso. The title of this book is a hashtag. Outside of that, the book was pretty good. It details Sophia’s journey from jobs she hated to starting an ebay business to founding Nasty Gal. I listened to it on audiobook and it went by quick.
4. Leaving Atlanta by Tayari Jones. Very good book. It details the story of 3 elementary students in the early 80’s in Atlanta. During this time, African American children are vanishing and end up found dead. As I said I thought this was a very good book. I loved getting the children’s perspective.
My Current Read:
During the first week of June there is another readathon. It is called #tbrtakedown. There are 5 challenges. Here are the books I plan on reading during this readathon.
- A book that’s been on your TBR shelf for over a year.
- An unread sequel that has been on your TBR shelf.
- A first book in a series on your TBR shelf.
- An out of your comfort zone book on the TBR shelf.
- A book from your most recent book haul.
*The Darkest Minds covers both #1 & #3. It depends how I’m doing. It might count as both.
**My current read, Magonia, might count for #5. Depends on how far I get through it before this readathon begins.
Other books for June I may get to:
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (carried on from May)
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (carried on from May)