Tag was created by Lindsay Hearts Books. Let’s do this!
1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres – contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?
At first this question seemed hard. Then I saw that I could just get e-books (I’ve decided that books = physical books for this scenario. lol) from the rest of my books.
Contemporary: Vicous by V.E. Schwa (can I consider this contemporary? Doing it anyway!)
Fantasy: Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
Non-Fiction: In the Kingdom of Ice by Hampton Sides (haven’t read this yet, but the cover is so pretty!)
Literary: The History of Love by Nicole Kraus
2. You’re at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don’t like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren’t big on reading – what book is it?
It’s an easy read and they would be able to find someone to discuss this book with. A lot of people have read it if you don’t know. (That was sarcasm if you weren’t sure. There really needs to be a sarcasm font).
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
This book is hot chocolate, roasted marshmallows, thin mints(!), and all kinds of cuteness.
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?
Hmm. I didn’t read as much as I do now in high school. The books I did read though, I believe, were Judy Blume books, Sweet Valley High, and The Babysitter’s Club.
5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?
Probably the one I’m currently reading. I’ll bring my Kindle too.
6. Your house has been robbed! Don’t worry – everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?
All of them? Probably the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy. Or Harry Potter.
7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs.
This has actually happened to me. What did I do? I stopped loaning out books. I will only loan a book to one person because I know she can take care of them.