I like apps. I just do. I download. I play with that app. Sometimes I go back to it and sometimes I don’t. I have gotten better with removing some of the apps I no longer go back to. Some of them. Sometimes, I talk myself into keeping it. “I may need that music app one day even though I have 5 others” and “I never use that camera app but the filters are so cool!”. This is normal for me. But as much as I download apps I need to uninstall, there are some apps that I actually use. Here are my 5 favorite apps right now:
1) Path. I’ve said it before I will say it again. I really like this app. No really. I really like it. I just need more of my friends to like it too. But if they don’t I will still use it. Its called a smart journal for a reason. You can also post to twitter, facebook, or foursquare. I think in the iOS app you can post to Tumblr but I don’t have iOS at the moment. We’ll talk about that later if that changes. If you don’t want to take my word for how awesome this app is you can read about it here.
2) GroupMe. It is really useful. Get a group of people, start sending messages, and its all in one place. Very simple.
3) Pixlr-o-matic. So I have an android phone meaning I don’t have instagram. I’ve used PicPlz, Lightbox, and just downloaded Mobli. I also have Dotti Camera, Pudding Camera, and Retro Camera+. I rarely if ever use these but there is a chance I might so they remain on my phone. When I can’t decide which social photo app though I want to use, (which is often) I just use Pixlr-o-matic. Great filters and I share where I decide to share.
4) Facebook Messenger. I actually use this app. Especially since the Facebook app rarely ever told me if someone sent me a message. I also like this app because now my brother can’t act like I don’t respond to his messages.
5) Twitter for Android. This is the most used app on my phone. I have tried other twitter apps but I always come back to this one. Seesmic sometimes stops refreshing, Tweetdeck ALWAYS force closes (If it didn’t, it would be in this spot. If it doesn’t force close on you, use it.) The recent update to the app is…interesting. I preferred the old version but it is what it is. And I will still use it. Everyday. Every single day.